PLAN YOUR WEEK LIKE A PRO
Own your time so it doesn’t own you! Use these time management strategies to plan like a pro and get more done in 2021.
THINK OF TIME AS A JAR
Non-negotiable activities for your family, spirit, business, finances and self-care!
Examples: Kids’ sports games, church services, family dinners, workout class, etc.
Daily responsibilities for your job.
Examples: Meetings with colleagues, time-sensitive tasks, networking meetings, etc.
Errands and miscellaneous tasks.
Examples: Grocery shopping, dinners with friends, Target runs, etc.
Little “fires” that pop up during the day.
Examples: Any unexpected task distributed with a sense of urgency.
PLANNING YOUR JAR
“DROP AND DO”
When the little tasks start to dominate your workday, stop pursuing the “water,” and refocus on your priorities (the big rocks).
- When scheduling daily tasks, make sure they’re a part of your bigger picture.
- Urgent needs should relate to long-term goals before becoming a priority
- Set three priorities related to your big rocks to accomplish each day.
- Organize your schedule with a planner or online calendar.
- Plan weekly, not daily, for success.
- Big rocks go in first, then schedule everything else around those.